Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off part's 3d annotation but not sub assembly in top assembly

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Mirtchii
473 Views, 2 Replies

Turn off part's 3d annotation but not sub assembly in top assembly

Hello everyone,

Our company is trying to take use of 3D annotation and there is one problem that stops us from doing this.

For example, I have a Sub assembly that contains support and bolts, nuts, washers,etc,..

All of them have their own 3D annotation and the Sub assembly also has its own annotation too.

The problem is that when I put these sub assemblies in the Top assembly and I want to show only the Sub assemblies 3D annotation by turn on "Component 3d annotations" from the Object Visibility drop down in the Visibility panel, all the 3D annotation of sub assemblies and the components will show up.

Is the any way that in the Top assembly, only sub-assemblies 3D annotation will show up?

I tried to turn off part annotation visibility individually but it is very tedious and time consuming.

Really appreciate any helps.

Mirt

1.png

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
swalton
in reply to: Mirtchii

I've had to make different Design View Reps in my parts and sub-assemblies to control the 3DA symbols.

Making a new Design View Rep for each combination of part and sub-assembly 3DA visibility could be a fair amount of work....

Steve Walton
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Inventor 2023
Vault Professional 2023
Message 3 of 3
Mirtchii
in reply to: swalton

Hi Swalton,

Thank you for your reply.

So I think at the moment there are no easy ways to solve this problem.

Make new design view or turn off the visibility of annotation is too time consuming and tedious.

Hope there will be new update for future version.

Have a nice day!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report