Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and pipe routing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
vishnuteja14
145 Views, 4 Replies

Tube and pipe routing

Hi all,

I am working on pipe routing where I am able to use tube and pipe option from inventor 2022 

Here my question is I want to create single route with 3d sketch and derive pipe routing based on sketch which is positive by derive route but I want 3 pipes with certain distance parallel to each other which are routed with one single common sketch route is it possible 

Just like bunch of cables routed 

Please find image i am expecting this kide of pipe routing with one single routing sketch common for all there 

@

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
vishnuteja14
in reply to: vishnuteja14

Any updates on above question 

@

Message 3 of 5

No this will not work.

Inventor 2025, Vault Professional 2025, Autocad Plant 3D 2025
Message 4 of 5
chris

@vishnuteja14 I think what @johan.degreef is talking about is that you can not have pipe touching like that, unless there are no flanges in the system. Or maybe he means that T&P won't allow touching pipes...? "However" if all you are trying to do is route those runs which will fan out to allow flanges or each turn off to allow fittings than this is easily done outside of T&P.... do you have to use T&P?

Message 5 of 5
A.Acheson

Hi @vishnuteja14 

This might not be possible or at least not easy. Just trying it is the easiest way to figure out if it’s possible. All your sketches needs to be defined in the 3d part as your showing. 

The alternative would be to make 3routes  and include planes to make them parralel and dimension the routes manually to the plane. More work but no deriving  needed.  

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report