Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube and pipe Routes name marked in red.

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Malenki
3082 Views, 9 Replies

Tube and pipe Routes name marked in red.

Hi,

For some time, I see that one of visible in browser "Tube and pipe Routes" name is in red. What means red color in this place? "Help" this does not explain.

This same parts, insert using Content Center librry (marked in yelow)... but different iconsSmiley Surprised. Why?

Do somebody help me?

Thanks.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Malenki

For the pipe run that is in red, I think that means there's something wrong with it.   Have you expanded it and check to see if everything is okay.

For the change in the content center icon..  Did you copy and paste that given component in your assembly?  If you did that is normal...  When you have the routed system add-in loaded and place tube&pipe components in your assembly, the bluish pipe tee is the standard icon that is shown for those components.   However if you copy and paste that same component in your assembly, then it shows the standard content center icon.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
Malenki
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

At first I thought so too. But then warning icons are used, similar to those below. It is no other signs that something is not working properly!

Yes. But than I deleted one and I inserted second time - normaly - from ContentCenter. Icon of this part remained unchanged.

Red name of route-02.PNG

Message 4 of 10
salariua
in reply to: Malenki

I normally ignore it Smiley Frustrated

Most of the time I get that when doing more than a segment inside the route or any other , unrecommended procedures. I see it more as a warning for when I am "bending the rules" with quick cheats.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 5 of 10
smokes2998
in reply to: salariua

Hi Don't ignore these warnings !!!

From experience it usually a a missing radius in the route  or you have  a two lines not intersecting.

Message 6 of 10
salariua
in reply to: smokes2998

@smokes2998 wrote:

Hi Don't ignore these warnings !!!

From experience it usually a a missing radius in the route  or you have  a two lines not intersecting.

Two lines not intersecting is EXACTLY what I want when doing branches in a route.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 7 of 10
smokes2998

How are you branching the route? because the route if using tube mode is considered  a single sweep if the line don't inster sect it will create two tube parts this is bad practice as it a pain to manage in the vualt. If you are branching a route in pipe mode the branches need to intersect to fit a t piece in from the library.

Message 8 of 10
salariua

@smokes2998 wrote:

How are you branching the route? because the route if using tube mode is considered  a single sweep if the line don't inster sect it will create two tube parts this is bad practice as it a pain to manage in the vualt.

I have no problem managing this and don't understand why is bad practice. Can you share some of your problems?

. If you are branching a route in pipe mode the branches need to intersect to fit a t piece in from the library.

Branching is not allowed so connecting nodes (intersecting with coincident constraint) is not possible. Other workarounds are possible. Use construction lines or coincide the node with other line segments rather than nodes.

Separate route segments will become separate pipes even in tubing with bends. I tend to do all branches (of same size as the main segment) in the route.

Each to its own but it’s easier to modify and maintain this way. Here’s how I do branches:

http://blog.ads-sol.com/2015/04/tee-branch-and-route-editing.html

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Message 9 of 10
smokes2998

Hi

If you are routing tubes and you want to get the bend co-ordinates for the tubes for the bending machine it gets a bit confusing which bend co-ordinates you require for which tube of of the route.If you have two or more tubes in the route. I also apply the one route per a tube rule to find dangling sketch lines. I also goup the routes into appropiate groups so it is easier to manage and find parts. 

I have to route maybe 150 plus tubes in an assembly and draft up and dimension and assign a part number for each route tube this is the best way to manage it.

It also helps when copy designing routes into another assembly so you can reuse the routes and drawings and part numbers. it also stops the issue of creating unlinked or extrenaous parts in the vault.

it also helps when you have a guy based india doing the drafting and pulling the data from the global vault.

With pipes you just cut straight lenghts so it is not so bad

Message 10 of 10
salariua

@smokes2998, keep comming back to your post and read it out. I must say we don't use a bending machine and it's very rare that we send 3d models for fabrication. Drawings, fitted on site and then update the model to AS BUILT. Nonetheless I will try and keep in mind your remarks.

I can't use branches enough, in fact I have managed to connect 3 nodes for a while now and from all the tests it seems to be a viable solution (better, faster, easyer to use, and with less errors).

Like I said, each to it's own, one size won't fit all.

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report