Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe Right Click Finish Route Does Nothing

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
petestrycharske
571 Views, 7 Replies

Tube & Pipe Right Click Finish Route Does Nothing

All,

Good afternoon!  I've run into a situation with a client where a command in Tube & Pipe is not working.  When I'm working on a route and am done with the edits, I right-click and choose the "Finish Route" option in the marking menu, but nothing happens.  I have to click on the "Finish Route" command in the ribbon.  The "Finish Tube & Pipe Runs" and "Finish Tube & Pipe" options work at the upper levels of the subassembly, however.  Has anyone else run into this and have a solution?  If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Thanks in advance for any ideas or thoughts.  Hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Labels (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Pete,

How are you doing? Is this 2021 or 2022? There seems to be some issue with the Marking Menu option in 2022. "Finish Sketch" when Edit in Place. It had been reported as INVGEN-53065. It is scheduled to be fixed in 2022.1 update (July).

Many thanks! Stay safe!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 8

Hey @johnsonshiue!  I'm doing well, busy as always 😉  How are you doing?  I've had the same results in Inventor 2021 and just tested it out in Inventor 2022 (it's called "Parent (Return, Finish)" in 2022).  Please let me know if you have any other questions.  Have an awesome and most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Please give a kudos if helpful and mark as a solution if somehow I got it right.
Message 4 of 8
A.Acheson
in reply to: petestrycharske

This is the same situation in 2020 version.

If this solved a problem, please click (accept) as solution.‌‌‌‌
Or if this helped you, please, click (like)‌‌
Regards
Alan
Message 5 of 8
CGBenner
in reply to: petestrycharske

@johnsonshiue @petestrycharske @A.Acheson 

Verified reproduceable in 2021.2.1

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 6 of 8

Hi Folks,

This looks like yet another bug. I am sorry we remain imperfect. I will work with the project team and see what we can do. I believe the Finish Route command in the Marking Menu is broken. Instead, "Finish Edit" seems to work better. Please feel free to edit the Marking Menu in the meantime.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8

I even tried it in Inventor 2018, and "Finish Route" command in mark menu does not work at first time, but it works when doing it twice. It should be an issue, and tracked as INVGEN-53161.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 8 of 8

@johnsonshiue that is a good tip.  I also noticed that the "Finish Edit" option is one of the top 3 options in the bar below the marking menu.  That could work also, for users that do not wish or know how to update the marking menu.  @Yijiang.Cai thanks for pushing this up to the development team!  Thanks for the feedback, hope all is well and have a most blessed day!

Peace,

Pete

Just a guy on a couch...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report