Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe - Is it possible to split a route into two separate routes?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ericwhite2C2NN
250 Views, 3 Replies

Tube & Pipe - Is it possible to split a route into two separate routes?

For example, if I have a 2" pipe run and I need to change a segment in the middle to 1.5" how would I go about doing this without needing to redo the run? Since the pipe diameter is controlled by the route style I would need to "split" the original route and/or "insert" a new route between fittings.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: ericwhite2C2NN

@ericwhite2C2NN 

Hello!  Possible, yes... easy, I'm afraid not.  LOL

Back in 2016, I did a class at Autodesk University with my good friend, the late great Mark Lancaster.  In that class, Mark explained a technique to achieve what you are hoping to accomplish.  The steps are detailed in Section 4 of the class handout.  

There is no automatic, click a button technique for this.  I hope our tips from back then can help you out.  Good luck!

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 4
ericwhite2C2NN
in reply to: CGBenner

@CGBenner 

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply.

That document is very useful, I saved it for future reference, however it isn't quite what I'm looking for.

Section 4 (page 12) goes over ways to split the pipe run. I am trying to split a pipe route within a pipe run (or insert one between two fittings). I have a 2" pipe run and a design change requires a portion of it to be 1.5". I "simply" want to take the pipe section between two elbows, and make that it's own route. This would allow me to change the pipe style to the require size.

Message 4 of 4
CGBenner
in reply to: ericwhite2C2NN

@ericwhite2C2NN 

Hmmm,... that can also be done, but I would need to know more about the run itself, such as what pipe spec are we looking at?  Is it threaded, welded, flanged etc.  Can you share a screenshot of the segment you need to modify?

ps... sorry I didn't catch that right away.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report