Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube & Pipe - Autoroute Breaking/Splitting

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
adam.lester
754 Views, 7 Replies

Tube & Pipe - Autoroute Breaking/Splitting

Upon inserting a fitting on an autoroute, it seems to split the autoroute, which seems logical at first. However, it then does not move the connection point if the origin/termination point of the original route is then moved? this even happens if the fitting is "restored" - which suggest it would then remove the fitting and replace the two autoroute back into one - however this is not what happens. This becomes an issue only when the route's termination or origin is changed, which is a huge annoyance as is this not the point in an auto route? to automatically route itself from and to the users input locations?

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
adam.lester
in reply to: adam.lester

Here's what is happening.

Message 3 of 8
CGBenner

@adam.lester 

This does seem like odd behavior, and one of the reasons why I never ever used Auto Routes.  LOL  Is this Inventor 2021?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 4 of 8
adam.lester
in reply to: CGBenner

Yes it is rather odd! and also it is in 2021 also, but my client is using a 2020 vault and hence why this example is shown using 2020. I would like to not use the autoroutes, however with the design of the piping run being up to modification so much, i thoughht it would be best to use the autoroutes. I would have thought many people use the autoroutes but surly i cant be the only one who's see this happen before. would be great to have it fixed.

In the meantime i am deigning the piping layouts for 4 new building without changing the corner bends into fitting, so it's easier to modify later in the game. once the routes are confirmed to stay that way, i will then go aheady and save a copy as and replace the corners to fittings for the ease of installation when on-site. - still want this to be resolved though!! Thank you for your reply.

Message 5 of 8
CGBenner

@adam.lester 

I will tag @johnsonshiue to see if he thinks this looks like normal behavior.

In the meantime, you have the option of converting your Auto Routes to sketches, right after creation.  this will give you more direct control over the dimensions and constraints.  In IV 2021, you have more options for controlling auto routes directly from the routing tool itself, but since you are using 2020 for this design, you would have to create the route and then convert it.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: CGBenner

Hi Chris and Adam,

I suspect this might be a limitation. The route is split into smaller pieces because of the fitting change size. Let me work with the project team to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
adam.lester
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thank you Johnson, i look forward to your reply on this matter!

Kind regards,

Adam

Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi Adam,

I got confirmation from the project team. It is a limitation at the moment. When the fitting changes, the route is no longer control by the route style. It goes back to the auto-route mode. The points are used to perform the auto-route.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report