Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to Loft with two rails & fully defined sketches

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ANH.TRUONG9G38A
421 Views, 4 Replies

Trying to Loft with two rails & fully defined sketches

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to perform the loft command for the below part, with Sketch 1 and 2 being Sections, Sketch 3 and 4 being Rails (ignore all construction lines). But I am stuck at it for I don't know what was wrong. 

Profiles.PNG

Error Prompt.PNG

I could be able to loft Sketch 1 to Sketch 2 with only one rail on Sketch 4, or no rails. The reason all 4 are required is because this surface is part of a sheet metal part of 0.23mm thickness and I needed to ensure this surface comes smooth with other adjacent surfaces.

Below is screenshot of the part I'm trying to model.

20210420_112708.jpg

Appreciate any comments and support from you guys!

Regards

Anh

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
blandb
in reply to: ANH.TRUONG9G38A

Instead of trying to loft that way, what if you just created a work plane for each level, patch the areas on each step, then loft the gap. Please see the attached part for reference.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 5

Another thought might be to use emboss.

emboss_01.jpg

emboss_02.jpg

Bill Bogan
Principal Content Experience Designer
CXD
PDMS-DiD-Digital Manufacturing
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 5
ANH.TRUONG9G38A
in reply to: blandb

Thanks Blandb,

I solved this seeing your use of Patch then Stitch command, it solves it all. That's awesome. Very appreciate that!

The reason I did not use different work planes was because there's no surface horizontal to XZ plane. Below highlighted in red is the rails I needed to meet to ensure the lofted surface will come smooth with other previously generated surfaces which were based on sections of the blue sketch.

image.pngimage.png

Message 5 of 5

Thanks Bill.

I will obviously use Emboss command if the surfaces are spaced in level, but turns out they are sections of multiple waves like this. But I solved this and replied in the other comment.image.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report