Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True colour popup dialog box

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lmc.engineering
309 Views, 3 Replies

True colour popup dialog box

Hi All,

I've hit a bit of an issue with my current project, which to very briefly explain, involves running Inventor on a virtual machine and launching an iLogic/VBA routine automatically using task scheduler. The issue I am hitting is a very simple, yet highly annoying: 

The virtual machine has very little in the way of Graphic hardware, which is fine for what I need to do, however, whenever I launch Inventor, it insists on telling me that Inventor runs better in 'True colour' mode, which I understand the reasons, but unfortunately I cannot switch to true colour. The issue comes with the fact that I am informed via a pop up dialog box to which I have to manually click the 'OK' button. For obvious reasons, this defeats the whole purpose of automating a process as I cannot progress the routine due to this little annoying window. Surely I can't be foiled by one simple pop up!? In short, is there a way of turning this off, or bypassing it in some way?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi! Do you mind showing the exact dialog you are talking about? In the meantime, you may want to change Hardware option to see if it goes away. Go to Tools -> Application Options -> Hardware -> Conservative mode.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

In typical fashion, we've managed to get a work around for this now, which means I no longer get the dialog.. I should have screen shot really before moving on. Our server support service has done something or other, I'm not 100% sure what they did, but all seems ok now. If the issue re-occurs I'll be sure to screen shot and post.

Never the less, thanks for your time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report