Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with converting (reading) idw to ipt

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
AndreasMPeters
343 Views, 3 Replies

Trouble with converting (reading) idw to ipt

Hello, new to Inventor here. 

I've tried to understand this idw drawing and how to draw the 3D version of it in Inventor. I have looked at it for several days now and watched and read tutorials but I just can't find the answer to my problem. The problem is that I need to draw this bearing house, but as you can see in A-A mid top on page, there is this "empty" space in the bottom of the drawing and I dont know how to draw that- is it meant to be solid or? In B-B in the top right corner I also dont understand the two drawings, they're different size holes- diamter 38 and diameter 30 and furthermore, there are C and D which I can't wrap my head around. Because on the drawing at the bottom, these also seem to be solid so I cant figure out how to convert that into an ipt. I know it may be a simple solution but I have researched answers everywhere now.

Labels (5)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hosford
in reply to: AndreasMPeters

The empty space you are asking about is a a cast in recess the length is shown in view A-A, the width is shown in view B-B, they are inside of circle C & D.

The thru hole shown in View B-B is dimensioned in the right hand section, the 38mm diameter is the reduced outside diameter between end supports.

You should, take a blueprint reading class.

Thaddeus Hosford
NUC9i9QNX i9-9980HK, Win 10 Pro 64
Nvidia GTX 1650
Inventor 2021
Message 3 of 4
SBix26

I agree with @hosford on all counts.  Here is what I modeled using the drawing you attached:

SBix26_0-1641085357155.png

Note that the drawing does not specify the rounded ends of the hollowed-out portions-- I assumed this because making them square would result in impossibly thin walls at the corners...

I don't know what version of Inventor you're using, but I did this in Inventor 2022.  I have not attached it, though, in case this is homework that you should be doing for yourself!

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2022.2 | Windows 10 Home 21H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

@AndreasMPeters 

Attach the file(s) of your attempt here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report