Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transitional Constraint Jumps Around

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
558 Views, 3 Replies

Transitional Constraint Jumps Around

I'm trying to get a plunger to move up and down via a pin and a curved groove. I set up the transitional constraint between the pin and curved groove, but when I drive an angle constraint, it works for the straight part of the groove, then jumps way down below the curve or above to the top of the main cylinder and continues to rotate. What's going on here; how can I get the plunger to move up and down within the curved groove?

I'm using Inventor Pro 2015.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CCarreiras
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Sometimes is hard to mantain all the constrains working together. I think in this case, things start to get problems due some tangencies issues.

Anyway, you can do this:

1. using inventor studio Driving a favorite parameter
  2. with iLogic by linking a parameter.

INVENTOR STUDIO EXAMPLE

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
CCarreiras

iLOGIC EXAMPLE

TRY IT!!!

Files attached...

Note: First i tried to apply the trasitional constrain (i had the same bad results as you), but, when i was trying to make it work, I made some minor changes in the model, so pay attention if hose changes will conflict with your project.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
JDMather

How will the groove be cut in the cylinder? (I don't think it is correct as modeled - less than .125 at some locations.)

In any case - in the real world a .125 pin will not slide in a .125 slot - there must be clearance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report