Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring file from Mechanical Desktop

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
478 Views, 3 Replies

Transferring file from Mechanical Desktop

Hi everyone,

Please allow me to post my question here because AutoDesk has stopped supporting mechanical desktop. We have been using Mechanical Desktop for years since its release. There are more than 10,000 models and drawings created before its new release was stopped in 2009. We tried to transfer the drawings and assemlies into Inventor by its migrating tool but it did not work really well. So noew Inventor is still sitting on our shelves and we are still using Mechanical Desktop.

I am just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with that. Is there a way to transfer these drawings to other software, even Solidworks without losing all the information? We contacted some software company which can provide migrating tool from Mechanical Desktop to Inventor. But the owner prefers the files to be transferred to other software such as CREO as well. 

I have been calling the technical support but did not reach them. If anyone could give me any ideas about our big issue, that would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Fio

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

http://blogs.rand.com/files/mechanical-desktop-to-inventor-translation-1.pdf

Tons more information.. simply google "autodesk mechanical desktop to Inventor"

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2014...

https://www.cadlinecommunity.co.uk/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200579632/Migrating_Autodesk_Mechani...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hi mcgyvr,

THanks so much for your information. One more question, is there a solution from Autodesk to transfer the files to non-autodesk product such as CREO without losing the relationship between parts? 

Thanks again,

Fio

Message 4 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi mcgyvr,

THanks so much for your information. One more question, is there a solution from Autodesk to transfer the files to non-autodesk product such as CREO without losing the relationship between parts? 

Thanks again,

Fio

If you were Autodesk would you publish a procedure to go to someone elses product? Smiley Wink

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report