Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tools deck improper change

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
290 Views, 3 Replies

tools deck improper change

Hi all, I encounter an issue when integrating a new configurable part in assembly.

If the part contains a “customizable column” (in my example it’s the length of a pipe), the work environment changes from “assembly” to “part”, the only solution to go back to “assembly” is to select a part and edit it, then return above (the blue circle with the black arrow at the right end of the tool deck).
This also happens when I change the length of my part (right-clock on a part table, then “modify component”)
The tools deck is the only thing changing on my screen,the parts tree on the left is still at an "assembly"situation, that's why I need to edit a part and return then.
In order to precise my problem : parts which are problematic comes from my colleagues library, I only changed radius values (which are chosen in a pre-defined parameters list),I kept parameter table as it was. My colleagues had never seen this and can’t help me, I hope you will 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, I encounter an issue when integrating a new configurable part in assembly.

If the part contains a “customizable column” (in my example it’s the length of a pipe), the work environment changes from “assembly” to “part”, the only solution to go back to “assembly” is to select a part and edit it, then return above (the blue circle with the black arrow at the right end of the tool deck).
This also happens when I change the length of my part (right-clock on a part table, then “modify component”)
The tools deck is the only thing changing on my screen,the parts tree on the left is still at an "assembly"situation, that's why I need to edit a part and return then.
In order to precise my problem : parts which are problematic comes from my colleagues library, I only changed radius values (which are chosen in a pre-defined parameters list),I kept parameter table as it was. My colleagues had never seen this and can’t help me, I hope you will 🙂

I'm a little confused by your terminology..

Is "configurable part" mean an "ipart"?

Is "customizable column" mean "custom parameter column"?

Is "modify component" mean "change component"?

Are you saying that when you do so its changing the ribbon menu to the edit part functions?

Are you sure you just aren't double clicking on these parts which would activate the edit part functions?

can you use the free screencast recording utility to show a video of whats happening?

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Hello Mcgyvr,

please find here the asked screencast : assembly ribbon menu issue

This happens when I add a new ipart, without any double click, I'm sorry you're confused by my english, i'm not so good at translating Inventor operations.

Pierre

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I solved this issue by using "InventorReset_v1.1", it seems to be ok now.

I unfortunately forgot to relocate my preferences files, they stayed in the default folder and InventorReset deleted them 😞

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report