Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To the developers: a few monday morning thoughts on Bolted Connection

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
fridtjofZM5ME
282 Views, 4 Replies

To the developers: a few monday morning thoughts on Bolted Connection

Bolted connection is one of the design accelerator add-ins that I use the absolute most along with frame generator, and I'd really love to see some more development on it in the future. I've come across a few things with potential for impovement as I've used it over the years, and one of them is the case illustrated below where the reference hole is in the middle betweed the holes to be drilled. Here the Bolted Connection command doesn't seem to take that into account and places it at the top. I think it would be more intuitive if it were placed correspondingly in the list in the dialogue box.

Skjermbilde 2022-05-16 083642.jpg

Among other things I think would greatly improve the Bolted Connection command is the possibility to add holes above the selected screw and/or below the selected nut if you have one. The reason for that is that when working with hollow profiles, like the rectangular and square standard profiles in frame generator, you might need an access hole to accomodate a socket wrench or similar. I would assume that sockets follow certain standards just like the fasteners they're made to fit, so I think it would be feasable to also include standard clearance holes for the sockets within this concept. It wouldn't hurt at least.

Further: having support for Bolted Connection, and any other design accelerator for that matter, within the iLogic context would be absolutely amazing, and allow for even more rationalization of potentially repetitive tasks.

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: fridtjofZM5ME

Hi!

Place your suggestions in "Inventor Ideas Forum".

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
johnEE7T4

Great suggestions.  Its funny you mention he socket heads. I go right to /McMaster Carr and am able to search for a socket head to get the overall dimensions to ensure it will fit in a tight footprint.

Message 4 of 5
pcrawley

Gets my vote too.

When you've reposted on the Inventor Ideas - Autodesk Community, post the link here so we can all vote for it?

Peter
Message 5 of 5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report