Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbnail Frame Member

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
alexandre
413 Views, 5 Replies

Thumbnail Frame Member

When we create a frame member, by default the Inventor sets up in File > Iproperties > Save > Save Preview Picture > "Import From File". However, I would like the default option to be "Active Component Iso View On Save".

How do I set up to make "Active Component Iso View On Save" default to frame member creation?

Frame Member.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
johnsonshiue
in reply to: alexandre

Hi Alex,

I could be wrong but I thought FG uses the Standard template ipt file. To change the thumbnail setting, open the ipt template, and make the change and save.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 6
alexandre
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for your answer.

I understand that Inventor uses a reference template, but which one?

Since my standards are already set to "Active Component Iso View On Save". Is there a specific template that Inventor uses to create the Frame Member?

Message 4 of 6
lena.talkhina
in reply to: alexandre

Hello @alexandre !

Great to see you here on Inventor Forum.

Did you find a solution?
If yes, please click on the "Accept as Solution" button as then also other community users can easily find and benefit from the information.
If not please don't hesitate to give an update here in your topic so all members know what ́s the progression on your question is and what might be helpful to achieve what you ́re looking for. 🙂

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Message 5 of 6
alexandre
in reply to: johnsonshiue

From: Autodesk Customer Support [customersupport@autodesk.com]
Sent: 5/8/2020 10:02 AM
To: alexandre@cads.com.br
Subject: RE: Regarding [CaseNo:16498575.] ITSUP-INV Orientation and home positions of ipart not respected in members

Alexandre,

It looks like what information I have is what I will be getting:
Inventor does not use templates when generating CC parts.
The Orientation and Home Position are not changeable via a template.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Bob Holland
Autodesk Technical Support

Message 6 of 6
alexandre
in reply to: lena.talkhina

An option is a routine in ILogic to automatically set the desired configuration:

ThisDoc.Document.SetThumbnailSaveOption (ThumbnailSaveOptionEnum.kActiveComponentIsoViewOnSave)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report