Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threaded holes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
584 Views, 3 Replies

Threaded holes

Now i'm making a bushing for a grinder and the threaded part for the bushing is an ACME thread. I noticed that you can not make an ACME thread in inventor so does anyone have a solution for that? Should i just call it out in a not that the thread is an ACME thread?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
karthur1
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do it with a note.  Probably the quickest easiest if you are just going to do the one thread.   If you want to add it to your "threads", here is a link that includes the .xls file for ACME profile.  Sort of depends on what your needs are.

Good Luck,

Kirk

Message 3 of 4
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Now i'm making a bushing for a grinder and the threaded part for the bushing is an ACME thread. I noticed that you can not make an ACME thread in inventor so does anyone have a solution for that? Should i just call it out in a not that the thread is an ACME thread?

@Anonymous  As much as I hate to plug Inventor's "little brother".... have you ever used Fusion 360?  It's a 3D modeler similar to Inventor, but newer and shinier.  One of the things I know it does better is actually model the threads on parts.  You might consider modeling this part with the ACME threads in Fusion, and then importing it back into Inventor?  Otherwise, I would just use a note.  Actually creating the geometry is possible, and definitely "mechanically cool"... but can be time consuming and probably isn't necessary unless you need the geometry to for simulation of some sort.

This is just my opinion.  Others may have different ideas.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

Iv'e never used fusion 360. Maybe one day i will get around to trying it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report