Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There must be some other way to do this.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
MatsNorway1
503 Views, 10 Replies

There must be some other way to do this.

Trying to detail a box, The faces then gets exported to a DXF.  I use numbers and letters in text boxes. Problem is that there is so many constrains and dimensjons i struggle to get it together without some error "overconstrained" message.. Its super frustrating and takes forever. I simply do not have the time for this. Any ideas on how to do this better?

MatsNorway1_0-1722586735748.png

‌:nauseated_face: ‌:face_with_medical_mask: Fusion 360
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
CCarreiras
in reply to: MatsNorway1

Hi Mats!

I would design each boxes and Numbers in separate files to have less constrain problems, then transform that sketches into blocks. You just have to design one of a kind.

I would import that blocks to the final part and add only a few constrains to align the blocks.

This will avoid the over constrain problem and you can use the blocks multiple times in different new files on the fly.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
MatsNorway1

Could you screenshot where the blocks etc. is found in Inventor? Found it, it was hidden.

I would love to store them as blocks in the ipt first. Like a sane person. Then Export as DXF/whatever later if need be.

Message 4 of 11
MatsNorway1

Wait. I made the block but deleted it from that sketch. Is it not stored outside the sketch? (in the file(ipt)?)

And why can i set the angle to 0. But not give it a horizontal or vertical constrain? (The block)

Message 5 of 11
CCarreiras

If you use/created a block in the sketch it should be in the folder "BLOCKS"... even if you delete the block in the sketches later.

CCarreiras_0-1722588967558.png

Also, and this is very handy, you can copy paste blocks between different files. If you have a block in a file, and you want to use it in a different file, just copy/paste!

CCarreiras_1-1722589115717.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
CCarreiras

@MatsNorway1 wrote:

And why can i set the angle to 0. But not give it a horizontal or vertical constrain? (The block)

Just had the block in your sketch and use constrains and dimensions as any other geometry:

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
CCarreiras

To have an angle 0, just create a reference geometry and make one line of the block parallel to it, or other combinations: perpendicular, collinear, etc:

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
MatsNorway1
in reply to: CCarreiras

How do i Extrude a text from a block? I need it for the DXF export.

MatsNorway1_0-1722595617074.png

Please dont tell me i wasted two hours on making blocks that make text useless again. Exploding the block is denied. ( Exploding should never be denied, its the last resort/i am in a hurry)

Message 9 of 11
MatsNorway1

Solved it by keeping the block outline, then adding text boxes on top of that geometry. Now i can extrude.

MatsNorway1_0-1722600268983.png

Message 10 of 11
Frederick_Law

You can use iFeature also since you'll extrude the text.

Message 11 of 11
CCarreiras

You can set the block visible in the dxf.

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report