Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The solution of a scientific task with Inventor

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
317 Views, 4 Replies

The solution of a scientific task with Inventor

Good day!

I am faced with the scientific task of building 3D mechanical rock model with dimensions 30x30x60 mm which consists of grains with different minerals and grain's geometry close to the real like in nature and dimensions about 10-1000 nm. After building the model I need to fill grains with their mechanical properties and boundary conditions and study propagation of mechanical fractures in the model in tests with different types of loading.

My questions are the next:

1.Does Inventor allow to build a 3D mechanical model with 1-100 millions cells?

2. Does Inventor allow to assign mechanical properties and boundary conditions to each cell?

2.1. If the answer "yes" in the question 2, what mechanical properties and boundary conditions are needed for Inventor to initialize a model?

3. Does Inventor can build a mesh for such model?

Thank you for the prompt answer.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: Anonymous

That does not sound like something that Inventor would be used to model.

Its targeted towards mechanical design and is not intended for scientific modeling/studies..

I suspect there is better software for that.. What I do not know though.. 

Good luck..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Victor,

Brian is right. It sounds like you need mesh modeling. Inventor has fairly limited ability to work with mesh. You may want to find some good mesh modeling packages like Autodesk MeshMixer. In general, Inventor is very capable of creating geometry meant to be made or manufactured. Geometry for purposes other than those usually would have difficult time in Inventor.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mcgyvr

Brian,

Thank you for the help.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Shiue,

Thank you for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report