Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Parameters - Export / Link

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
NachitoMax
258 Views, 2 Replies

Text Parameters - Export / Link

Hey

what is the thinking behind the exporting of text parameters? It seems that they cannot be exported as properties like numerical value parameters can. Seems a bit odd...

I intended to use my Base Model as a detail distributor to all of the derived parts but it looks like my plan has been thwarted🤔

My baseModel has 10 text based parameters that my derived parts cannot access. Is this intentional and if so, why?

Thanks

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: NachitoMax

Hi! I would say this was incomplete implementation. It should work just like numerical parameters. The easiest thing to do is to write a simple iLogic rule to equate the text parameters to the iProperties.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
NachitoMax
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hey Johnson

Thanks for the reply. i thought about using an ilogic rule and had implemented one but it didnt translate through my derived parts as intended, i still needed to code in to update the ilogic. That being the case, i just wrote up a simple method to get the values from the Base Model and apply them to each part as an iProperty instead.

it ended up making more sense that way anyway because i have a bunch of Virtual Components and they dont have access to any Parameters, only iProperties. (at lease from what i could find anyway)

Thanks

thanks

Nacho

Automation & Design Engineer

Inventor Programmer (C#, VB.Net / iLogic)

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report