Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates from drawings

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CorneWeeda
237 Views, 4 Replies

Templates from drawings

So I was thinking about optimizing my workflow and want to create some templates from parts, assemblies, and drawings that I often use in as a base the model from. Templates from parts seem to be no problem, whatever I do there will be in the template. The problems start when I want to create a Template from drawings, When ever I do that the part or assembly that orriginally was on the drawing will not be included when I use that template. I tried to save the part in the same folder but same thing, an empty drawing. 

I assume a Template of an assembly will act in a similar way?

is it possible to create templates that includes/copies the parts and/or assemblies that are used in the original drawing, so that when I use that drawing template the parts and/or assemblies will also be created and included as new parts/assemblies. 

At my previous work they had something like this so I know it is possible in some way but they had a **** load of addins. So the actual question is, is it possible without needing addins?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CCarreiras
in reply to: CorneWeeda

Hi!

Yes is possible.
You can create those templates (views, etc) and they will be available here:

(When you create a new drawing file)

CCarreiras_0-1689854129322.png

Or here, when is already open:

CCarreiras_1-1689854209782.png

To create the template, set the views you want and:

CCarreiras_2-1689854321062.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
CorneWeeda
in reply to: CCarreiras

This is very useful thanks, but this creates a (new) sheet that is set up in a certain way with an already made part. I wanted to make a template of a assembly and/or drawing that makes a copy of the parts and assemblies used the the in the assembly/drawing whith which I created the template.

Message 4 of 5
Gabriel_Watson

If you have Vault, use Copy Design. If not, I'd recommend iLogic Design Copy:
https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Copying-an-Invento...
But you may also use Inventor's Design Assistant to perform a copy of your drawings and models onto a new set with different names.
Message 5 of 5
CCarreiras

If you don't have Vault, you can use "iLogic Design Copy". Uses similar process as Vault.

CCarreiras_0-1689861164527.png

CCarreiras

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report