Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Template not found for Make Components

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
vasN5QQD
437 Views, 5 Replies

Template not found for Make Components

Has anyone got an answer to this. I have created a multi body ipt file. I go to Make Components, the template box is empty so I search the template which I have used. Notice the Template column is empty on the next screen, I press Apply and get this message. I don't know what I have done wrong?

vasN5QQD_0-1637286547627.png

vasN5QQD_1-1637286779651.png

vasN5QQD_2-1637286812704.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
gcoombridge
in reply to: vasN5QQD

@vasN5QQD see this thread: 2022.2 Make Components : Selection Dialog not working - Autodesk Community - Inventor

(assuming you have upgraded to 2022.2)

Use iLogic Copy? Please consider voting for this long overdue idea (not mine):https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-ideas/string-replace-for-ilogic-design-copy/idi-p/3821399
Message 3 of 6
Gabriel_Watson

Uninstall the Inventor 2022.2 update (roll back to previous version) and it should work. Issue marked as INVGEN-57952, if you follow these to see when fixed.

Message 4 of 6
SharkDesign

I don't think this is related to the 2022.2 update. You don't get to see that screen in that particular bug.

If you double click the template white box does it give you some options?

The reason it is white is because you don't have a template called 'standard.ipt' you probably renamed them when you customised your setup. Clicking the white box should show you the other templates you have. 

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 5 of 6
SharkDesign

p.s. if you shift select all the rows and then click the white paper icon above that column you can apply a template to all of them at once. 

Expert Elite
  Inventor Certified Professional
Message 6 of 6
vasN5QQD
in reply to: SharkDesign

Thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report