Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teaching class On-Line

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Cortman
336 Views, 5 Replies

Teaching class On-Line

We have shifted our community college Inventor 2019 teaching to on-line only this term. I wanted to use a tool to show students how to navigate using recorded mouse clicks. It seems like in past years Inventor used something called Screencast? Is this the best tool to use and is it still working. Is there a better option? Please advise how to access this.

Thanks; CORTMAN

Rogue Community College

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Cortman

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/simplecontent/content/download-autodesk-screencast...

Thats the add-in from Autodesk.

Screen cast is still around and a lot of users use it on the forums ive noticed.

In the off- chance you don't know how to install add-ins;

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

Message 3 of 6
mcgyvr

Screencast is available here.. And most certainly still working just fine.. 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast

It certainly can track keystrokes, mouse movements and clicks and Inventor commands are recorded/indicated in a timeline. 

As for it being the "Best".... Thats up to you to decide and define..

I think it should fit your needs fairly well but would expect that in the realm of screen capture software its likely not the "Best" but the "best" likely isn't free either.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 6
j.palmeL29YX

>>Here<< you can find the Sceencast of Autodesk. It is still working and in this forums the most used Screenrecorder. 

Of course there are a lot of others too. If this ist the best - I don't want to decide. But if we compare e.g. with Camtasia - this Screencast is free. Give it a try. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
JDMather

You might check to see if your school has access to TechSmith - Camtasia Studio.

I use Autodesk Screencast for trivial short stuff and Camtasia for more in-depth stuff where I can more easily edit and add additional on-screen notes, images, voice-overs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 6
lena.talkhina

Hello @Cortman !

Screencast still alive. And I find this add-in amazing because it reads metadata, but you need to be careful with the confidential data like passwords, because screencast reads it too.

I am not sure but I think I saw something related to this thread in Community topics forums.

I hope you find the best way to make your classes online.

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report