Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

T&P insert flange and gasket together as coupling

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ppolcynBNVFN
333 Views, 4 Replies

T&P insert flange and gasket together as coupling

I am new to T+P and I am wondering if there is a way I can have a set of flanges and a gasket between inserted into my pipe run automatically at a node as a coupling. In the pictures below you can see the that our piping system invlove lots of breaks with flanges and gaskets and it would be convenient if I could just place a node in my route and it would auto-populate with the flanges and gaskets (and bolts and nuts would be great too).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: ppolcynBNVFN

@ppolcynBNVFN 

Hello and welcome to the party!  (tube and pipe is a party, right?)

To answer your question, yes.  You accomplish this by first setting up your Tube & Pipe style to be a Flanged style, by checking the box (see image below).  Then make certain you have defined a flange and gasket for the style.  That's the hard part.  The easy part is, anywhere that you want a flanged break like you've shown, simply place a gasket.  T&P should automatically place both flanges on either side (second posted image).  The only thing that might prevent this would be trying to place it too close to another fitting, which would make it violate one of the style rules.  Once you have it placed, you can edit the sketch dimension on the gasket for a more precise location.

CGBenner_0-1669049181746.png

CGBenner_1-1669049222988.png

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 5
ppolcynBNVFN
in reply to: CGBenner

Thank you. I am able to replicate this with the standard tube and pipe styles in the content center, but I cannot quite get the same results with my own custom style. I am not sure if its an issue in how I authored my pipe and/or my gasket or a box I did not check somewhere along the way, but I cannot place the gasket in the gap. I can click the node, but no gasket (or flanges) are placed. Is there something else I could be missing? I have attached my gasket and pipe files as well as the assembly I am testing on if that is helpful. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
CGBenner
in reply to: ppolcynBNVFN

@ppolcynBNVFN 

"if I could just place a node in my route and it would auto-populate with the flanges and gaskets (and bolts and nuts would be great too)."
I just saw this part as I read your post again.  So, this isn't something that can be done automatically on a node in the route.  A node will usually be populated by a coupling, and I'm not aware of any way to force it to use a gasket as a coupling.  Even if it did, it would not place the flanges, since it would see the gasket as a coupling,... not a gasket.

Attached here is a video of my workflow.  For what you want to do, I think the only possible option might involve iLogic or some other form of customization.

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 5
ppolcynBNVFN
in reply to: CGBenner

It seems my issue was in the way I authored my flange. Thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report