Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system requirements

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Scary99
321 Views, 4 Replies

system requirements

I have a hp pavilion 500 desktop using an intel i5 quad core processor with 8 gig of memory. It is using intel graphics.  What will be the best (reasonably priced) graphics card to install for Inventor 2015 ?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: Scary99

Does Inventor not run on this machine?

What if you go to Tools>Hardware tab and try other settings?

Can you really add a graphics card to this laptop?  (Does it have a slot?  If so, get the best gaming card you can afford that will fit the slot.)

Oops, never mind, somehow I thought I saw laptop rather than desktop.  Same advice applies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Scary99
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have not tried to run Inventor on this setup as yet.  I am going to download the student vesion first and give it a try. It runs Autocad really well so I am hopeful.

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

You might want to check here for the system requirements.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
JDMather

I always tell my students to run in 30-day trial mode for at least a couple of weeks before activating their student license. 
That way - if something turns out to not be working correctly they don't bun one of their activations.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report