Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Style library Manager 2025

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
niki
761 Views, 19 Replies

Style library Manager 2025

Am I the only one having problems running Style Library Manager 2025 ?? It never starts running. My problem is not the template error. It simply not start running. Tried several fresh install and nothing helps. Really anoying this is not fixed after so long time. Autodesk have know this issue since the beginning of May. Waited and Waited for the 2025.1 update which hopefully will solve this. It should have been released on the 9th July. Still not available. What to do ??

niki_0-1721141042553.png

Best regards

Niki
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
SBix26
in reply to: niki

@niki wrote:

Waited and Waited for the 2025.1 update which hopefully will solve this. It should have been released on the 9th July. Still not available. What to do ??

Wait a few more days-- .1 update is slightly delayed but expected this week.

Sam B

Inventor Pro 2025.0.1 | Windows 11 Home 23H2
autodesk-expert-elite-member-logo-1line-rgb-black.png

Message 3 of 20
BDCollett

@niki wrote:

Am I the only one having problems running Style Library Manager 2025 ?? It never starts running. My problem is not the template error. It simply not start running. Tried several fresh install and nothing helps. Really anoying this is not fixed after so long time. Autodesk have know this issue since the beginning of May. Waited and Waited for the 2025.1 update which hopefully will solve this. It should have been released on the 9th July. Still not available. What to do ??

niki_0-1721141042553.png

Do you run more than one version of Inventor on your machine. I have seen this error and if my memory serves, it was because I had last launched Inventor 2024 and it had registered that. Once I loaded Inventor 2025, and then ran the manager again, it worked.

I think if looks for the location of these default files based on the version of Inventor you last opened.

Message 4 of 20
johnsonshiue

Hi! It is a known issue, INVGEN-77127. It has been resolved on an internal build targeting 2025.1 update, which will be available very soon.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 20
BDCollett
in reply to: johnsonshiue

I can trigger it on demand with what I said.

BDCollett_0-1721265689152.png

Launch 2025. Fixed

BDCollett_1-1721265730792.png

Message 6 of 20
johan.degreef

@johnsonshiue I don't think this is solved in 2025.1, correct?

Inventor 20250, Vault Professional 2025, Autocad Plant 3D 2024
Message 7 of 20
niki

Not resolved in 2025.1. Still having this error even after an uninstall and new re-install.
Haven't been able to use my Inventor 2025 since the release due to this problem. 😞
By the way BDCollett's suggestion does not work in my occasion. My Style Manager 2024 works fine.

niki_0-1722359740454.png

Best regards

Niki
Message 8 of 20
BDCollett

@niki wrote:

Not resolved in 2025.1. Still having this error even after an uninstall and new re-install.
Haven't been able to use my Inventor 2025 since the release due to this problem. 😞
By the way BDCollett's suggestion does not work in my occasion. My Style Manager 2024 works fine.

niki_0-1722359740454.png

As I replied to the other post, and it seems the fact you have the style manager for 2024 still there, have you tried uninstalling all other versions except 2025 and trying?

Message 9 of 20
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: BDCollett

@niki This issue is fundamentally a problem with Style Manager loading a mix of Inventor 2025 and 2024, (or last version run), DLLs/files.

I looked at the install log files you sent me & don't see any issues there. You have to ensure that the same version of Inventor & Style manager are registered with Windows.

So generally you run Inventor 2025 & then run 2025 Styles Manager. If you last ran Inventor 2024 & then run 2025 Styles Manager you'll get this error as the dependent dll files from 2024 will be registered with windows when you start Styles Manager 2025.

You can "force" Inventor to re-register by doing this:

Start a cmd prompt as administrator (right click in cmd & use Run as administrator).
Type this command:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2025\Bin\Inventor.exe" /install

Then run Styles Manager 2025 (try it as both your normal user & by right click Run as Administrator

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 20
ChrisMitchell01

This issue is fundamentally a problem with Style Manager loading a mix of Inventor 2025 and 2024, (or last version run), DLLs/files.

I looked at the install log files you sent me & don't see any issues there. You have to ensure that the same version of Inventor & Style manager are registered with Windows.

So generally you run Inventor 2025 & then run 2025 Styles Manager. If you last ran Inventor 2024 & then run 2025 Styles Manager you'll get this error as the dependent dll files from 2024 will be registered with windows when you start Styles Manager 2025.

You can "force" Inventor to re-register by doing this:

Start a cmd prompt as administrator (right click in cmd & use Run as administrator).
Type this command:
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2025\Bin\Inventor.exe" /install

Then run Styles Manager 2025 (try it as both your normal user & by right click Run as Administrator

Hope this helps,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 11 of 20
niki
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Hi Chris / BDCollett
I have now tried un-install Inventor 2024 and Inventor 2025. Then made a re-start and deleted all installationfiles and tried a web install from the Autodesk site. After Install a re-start again and nothing helps. Now I have also tried installing Inventor 2025.1 on my surface pro which has a brand new Windows 11 installation made 2 weeks ago. Never had any Autodesk products installed and the same problem arise on this other laptop as well. I am almost out of ideas how I will have this Inventor 2025 running.

Best regards

Niki
Message 12 of 20
ChrisMitchell01

What access rights does your current user have ? If you create another user account & logon with that does it work ?

-Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 20
niki
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

I am local administrator on both machines. Making a new user account as local administrator does not help. Still gets this Error on both machines.

niki_0-1722539146378.png

Best regards

Niki
Message 14 of 20
Yuming.Zeng

Hi Niki,

Can I assume you're on a Windows 10 or a Windows 11 machine?

Can you please check if the folder C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2025\Bin\_NewStylesLibrary does exist on your machine? And what files are in this folder?

Thanks,

Yuming

Message 15 of 20
niki
in reply to: Yuming.Zeng

Running an almost brand new HP Zbook Fury G10

niki_0-1722546505596.png

niki_1-1722546327993.png

Best regards

Niki
Message 16 of 20
BDCollett

@niki wrote:

Running an almost brand new HP Zbook Fury G10

niki_0-1722546505596.png

niki_1-1722546327993.png

Your issue is quite unique it seems.

Do you have anything common on both machines, like a specific Anti Virus?

Message 17 of 20
niki

No I use Windows build in antivirus.

Now just made a 3rd Inventor 2025.1 installation on my old Zbook with a brand new Windows 11 23H2 installation which have never had any other Autodesk software installed and almost no other software installed. The same problem again. I can't be the only one with this problem. Now 3 different machines and all the same problem. 😞

Best regards

Niki
Message 18 of 20
BDCollett

@niki wrote:

No I use Windows build in antivirus.

Now just made a 3rd Inventor 2025.1 installation on my old Zbook with a brand new Windows 11 23H2 installation which have never had any other Autodesk software installed and almost no other software installed. The same problem again. I can't be the only one with this problem. Now 3 different machines and all the same problem. 😞

I have not seen this issue with anyone else or on these forums. Something is going on specifically with your installs.

A very frustrating issue for you no doubt.

What do the permissions look like on that folder?

Message 19 of 20
niki

*SOLUTION*
For others reading this thread a solution was found in my situation. It was due to the regional Windows 11 settings which  I have the same on all my machines. My Windows 11 installions are in (English (Danish)). An Autodesk software developer helped a couple of days and ended editing the StyleManager.dll file and now everything works as it should. If you have this problem contact Autodesk.
This bug should be included in upcoming releases.

Best regards

Niki
Message 20 of 20
J.J.Kucharczyk

Takker 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report