Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structured Parts List

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
heikki.jalonen
385 Views, 5 Replies

Structured Parts List

Inventor 2017 (for ever, I'm afraid).

Hi, me moron again with a [most stupid?] question: how to create a structured parts list incorporating all component/part levels + qty's?

To be exported to excel, of course.  To act as "product structure" if that matters.  Do not say I have to do that manually - it's 2022...  (or 2017 seen from Inventor's point of view).

BOM options suggest "structured" with only 1 levels.  More levels greyed.  Why the heck all things I need are greyed?

Tried the "new document" trick, no good.  And, no iThings, please.  Too complicated for my understanding.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
admaiora
in reply to: heikki.jalonen

11_aa.gif

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 6

admaiora, thank you very much!  😀 That was exactly the solution, problem solved!  Never realized what was under that magnifying glass-icon, just kept on ticking the Export BOM-button - with "all levels" not selectable.

Message 4 of 6
admaiora
in reply to: heikki.jalonen

You are welcome dear

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 5 of 6

Hi! This has to be done on a per iam file basis. Also, you may change it in the template file. After that, the newly created assembly will have the same option enabled.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 6 of 6

Hi Johnson!  Thank you again, a good tip!  I'll fix my assembly template accordingly.  Recently, I've been asked  for a structured multi-level BOM for several times.  Unfortunately, our PLM system is not capable of providing that.  And while a new contractor came along requiring one, I had to find a quick solution.  Now I have it 😀.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report