Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress analysis results

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1263 Views, 5 Replies

Stress analysis results

Hey! 

I have a very beginner question on stress analysis on Inventor. Doing my first analysis on a straight bar, I realize that no matter how little force I apply on a surface, the bar will always be bending. And the bend seems always to be at the same level. So I believe it is rather a symbolic bend, if that makes sense.

I am wondering if there is no way to see when the bend would occur? As in how much force on the steel bar would actually cause it to bend? Hope the question makes sense. Thanks in advance!

Deniz

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hey if it's possible, can you walk me though how you set this up?  When I do static analysis on a straight bar, I just get pure compression rather than deflection.  

Message 3 of 6
johnsonshiue

Hi! The default result display is Adjustedx2, which can exaggerate the actual deformation. It is to amplify the deformation display so it is easier to see. In Stress Analysis environment, you can go to Display section -> find "Adjust Displacement Display" combobox -> change it to "Actual."

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Oh that's it! Great! Thanks Johnson 🙂

Message 5 of 6
j.palmeL29YX

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if there is no way to see when the bend would occur? As in how much force on the steel bar would actually cause it to bend?

I have learned: "When a fly settles on a rail, the rail always bends." 😉 

Another question is whether and how we can measure the deflection.

SCNR

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6

Attach your file here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report