Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis Question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
530 Views, 2 Replies

Stress Analysis Question

Good Day to all. We have been running inventor 2009 and just upgraded to 2012. Although I do not have Inventor Pro installed on my system yet, I am wanting to learn more on the capabilities of stress/frame analysis. Is there any good learning material out there to that would help me master this part of invertor once I get the capability of running it? And I may regret asking this question, but is the stress/frame alalysis tool in Inventor the best option out there for calculating stress and load on frames and weldments or is there something better I should look into that may be more cost effective. Thanks Jim

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Amazon.com

Wasim Younis

There are also a couple of tutorials built into Inventor, but this topic really takes a class and a year or two to get a handle on it.

best? cost effective?

Can't answer those questions as they are relative to what you really need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
Inv_kaos
in reply to: Anonymous

You would think the information about Wasim's book would be in a sticky thread as a FAQ by now.

Inventor probably is the most cost effective but as for the best, maybe SAP2000 or Space Gass for this type of work. Familiarity with the structural design codes is also important.

Just be careful with CAD based frame analysis because a frame may fail in buckling before it ever reaches the section capacity. AFAIK Inventor cannot address this.

Please mark as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question or "Kudos" if you found it useful.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stew, AICP
Inventor Professional 2013, Autodesk Simulation Multiphysics 2013
Windows 7 x64 Core i7 32GB Ram FX2000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report