Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress Analysis - cannot multi-select active contraints?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
rhysEB3AV
153 Views, 2 Replies

Stress Analysis - cannot multi-select active contraints?

I have been using the Stress Analysis Environment to do a large number of analyses on a model that has a multiple constraints (10+). I frequently need to suppress and unsuppress particular constraints to model different conditions, however this process is made quite tiresome as the software doesn't let me select multiple active constraints at once from the tree; I have to select each constraint one at a time and suppress from the right-click menu (weirdly I can multi-select suppressed constraints, just not active ones). For operations on sets of other objects e.g. deleting or suppressing several loads or contacts, I can multi-select, just not with constraints. Is this normal behaviour?? Seems like a bug.

For info I need to have multiple separate constraints defined to allow extraction of reaction loads at their specific locations. I can't roll them all into one.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
admaiora
in reply to: rhysEB3AV

Hi, sorry, there is no workaround for that.

(Nastran doesn't have that issue)

Admaiora
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: rhysEB3AV

Hi Folks,

It does seem like a limitation at the moment. I will work with the project team to see what options we may have.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report