Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Command Issue

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
473 Views, 4 Replies

Split Command Issue

Hi everyone.

I am currently working on making a 3D-model for a future CFD simulation (Electrodialysis spacer).

For a spacer, the design includes a mesh design which i am currently trying to make. For this i've made a cutout of a mesh design which fits my ED-spacer (see attached pictures). 
However, an issue occurs as i try to remove the surrounding mesh with the split command as it seems that the command doesnt fully work. It leaves areas remaining, see attached picture of my issue.

I believe my file is somehow too big or clumpsy for the command to work properly, as im most likely doing this the hard way, being very new to Inventor.
My .ipt file is also attached

I would be happy if anyone could help me out with this issue! 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! There are multiple solid bodies in the part file. Split can only operate on one solid body at a time. You will need to share the sketch and create multiple splits. Does it work for you?

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi Johnsonhiue, thanks for replying!

Im not sure what you mean with share the sketch.

As for the multiple solid bodies in the sketch, all diagonal and vertical lines are combined respectively, thus Split command should work?
I've shown my issue a bit better in the attached picture. It recognizes the lines as 1 body, but only removes some of it, as shown in the figure.

Message 4 of 5
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Anonymous

How about an intersection extrusion?

Intersection extrusion.jpg

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: WHolzwarth

That would probably work, Walter!

I am familar with the extrude command, but i cant quite get it to work like you did. What was your procedure? 
I've been hopelessly trying to solve this issue for hours now!

EDIT:
I got it to work, thank you very much Walter!
Im marking the topic as solved, though do anyone happen to know how to combine  two objects into same ipt?
I know assembly, but my mesh doesnt fit very well with the constraint nor joint command it seems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report