Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solid Body Visibility Control in IDW File

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
hawkpxr5
534 Views, 2 Replies

Solid Body Visibility Control in IDW File

I've created a tie-on-cable marker tag using Loft, Replace Face and Split techniques.  After spltting, I turn off the visibility of one of the two resulting solid bodies.  File A208P03_Label.jpg shows the results with solid body Solid2 visibility either on or off.  The cable marker tag is then used in an assembly file shown in MI-CA-0261.iam.jpg and a drawing file shown in MI-CA-0261.idw.jpg.  The problem I have is that Solid2 is showing up in the idw drawing file when I'd rather it's visibility be off as in the .iam assembly file.  Anyone have a solution?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hawkpxr5
in reply to: hawkpxr5

Solution found.  Thanks to contributor Joe Bartels's 01-24-2012 post I used the Make Part tool on the Solid Body and used the resulting part in the assembly.  (Ref: 01-24-2012 06:18 AM in reply to: Mroach1212 (Re: Inventor Question - Multiple Parts))

Message 3 of 3
mflayler
in reply to: hawkpxr5

When...or if...you are using Inventor 2013 you can do this now with Part Design Views to control Solid Body visibility in the drawing environment.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report