Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smooth an edge

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
614 Views, 6 Replies

Smooth an edge

Hi,

As can be seen in the picture, I have two surfaces at 45 degrees with each other. When I cut the two surfaces (first one surface, then the other, and then removed the edges, I ended up with the surface being shown in the picture. Is there some way to smoothen that surface to take the profile of the curve?

As the part which is shown is part of a project I cannot upload it.

Thanks for your help!

Robert

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
rdyson
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you try variable fillet?
Can you create a new part with a similar problem?

PDSU 2016
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: rdyson

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I tried but I do not usually use it, so mabye I didn't do it correctly. I will check the help files and youtube videos about it.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Is there some way that I can upload the part without anybody being able to see what the original design was? If yes I will upload the part.

Still I am working on a new part so that I can upload it here, as I didn't manage using variable fillet.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Here it is

Message 6 of 7
rdyson
in reply to: Anonymous

None of you sketches were constrained.

Sketch8 was sick and when I fixed it sketch7 became corrupt.

I had to completely re-do sketch7 because it kept crashing IV when I tried to close loop.

PDSU 2016
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

You are right. I have a defect not to constrain the sketches when I am doing them just to upload here.

Thanks for the solution it worked really well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report