Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow zoom-pan on large assemblies

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
2132 Views, 25 Replies

Slow zoom-pan on large assemblies

Hi, 
i downloaded the trial version of Inventor, and i'm taking a look to all the functionalities that it offers, but i'm having a few performance issues.
When i load quite large assemblies the program gets quite slow while zooming / panning, especially when the cursor is above the part, it "freezes" for a few seconds showing the loading cursor, and than it updates the view as it should.

It's quite strange because looking to task manager it looks like inventor isn't even using all the resources, i see 20-30%cpu usage, 40%memory usage and disk usage near to 0.
My laptop is not a beast, but it has pretty good specifications: windows 10, i7 6700hq, 16gb of ram ddr4, nvidia gtx960m, i don't understand what could cause this issue.
Also on single parts if i zoom quite fast i can see the loading cursor symbol appearing and disappearing, that is a quite strange behaviour.

thank you

ps:is there a way to customize mouse keys bindings? I think that the default ones aren't optimal unless you use it always with a 3d mouse.

25 REPLIES 25
Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: sundars

For some reason i only have these options, but selecting "annontation selection" already fixes completely the problem, the viewport movement is perfect also on quality mode.
Thank you very much!!

Immagine.png

Message 22 of 26
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: Anonymous

Marco,

The "Enable Prehighlight" is only available in assemblies, not individual parts.

Thanks
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 23 of 26
Anonymous

EDIT:This way i can't select anything (i could have expected it haha), i have to find out why i only have these options

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

So there is no way to disable it in a big part?

However it isn't a big problem, this is a particular case, because inventor imported the solidwork assembly as a single enormous part.

Message 25 of 26
sundars

Currently, disable prehiglight is not enabled for parts. It's only available in the assembly environment. Mostly parts should not have any performance degradation since one would be selecting geometry (faces/edges). But i see your point - particularly with multibodies and imported models. 

It's certainly doable - we just have not had any requests so far. If you feel strongly, please do log a request on our idea station - that way it will get traction.

Thanks

-Shiva Sundaram

Inventor Engineering

Shiva Sundaram
Inventor Development
Message 26 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: sundars

Well, as said i think that this is a very rare case, one would usually separate all the components and create an assembly (that is what i will do now), so i think that there is no reason to do it at the moment.

Thank you very much for your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report