Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow execution of a command in Inventor 2023

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ishV52AX
286 Views, 6 Replies

Slow execution of a command in Inventor 2023

Hi, 

Recently, i have upgraded into Inventor 2023. I am facing severe degradation of command execution speed in this version. Like when i try to change one model state to another its takes surprisingly long time. I counted in one instance over eight minutes! Is anyone else facing the same issue? Tried rebooting the vault server and all the associated hardware having recent drivers. But still no luck. My CAD station spec as below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X-12 core-3.70GHZ base speed

GPU: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

RAM: 64 Gig DDR-4

Noted that the same assembly was faster in Inventor 2022.

@inventor2023 @performance issue

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JonathanKruger
in reply to: ishV52AX

I am using a AMD 5900hx with Inventor 2023 without any issues. You mention you have the latest drivers but is your windows up to date and have you installed all the inventor updates? 

If this solves your issue please mark this posting with the "ACCEPT SOLUTION".
If you like something that was said or if it was helpful, Likes are appreciated. Thanks!
Message 3 of 7
Gabriel_Watson

How heavy is the dataset (assembly plus subcomponents all together)?
Try changing your Undo file size to 2048 or greater under Tools > App. Options > General tab.
Or, see if it makes any difference changing Hardware options to Performance under App. Options. Finally, I would maybe try switching the Assembly (tab) option of Enable Express mode workflows OFF, to see if that makes any difference.

Message 4 of 7
-ianf-

I am experiencing a lengthy processing time too when switching between Model States.  Also, for some reason, renaming a Model State takes even longer!  The model has 2700 parts with almost 12,000 instances, so I'm aware it's pretty big.  However when using the same model in Inv. 2020 and switching between the "Level Of Detail"s it never took anywhere as long as it does now.  I understand that the new Model State also changes iproperties but what else is it doing that causes such a lengthy process time?

Ian Farmery
Inventor & Vault 2023

Dell 7550 Xeon E-2276M, 2.80Ghz 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Message 5 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: -ianf-

@-ianf- 

Are you using Project (*.ipj)?

Can you zip and attach a project folder that exhibits this behavior?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
-ianf-
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks,

Ian Farmery
Inventor & Vault 2023

Dell 7550 Xeon E-2276M, 2.80Ghz 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: -ianf-

Hi Ian,

I could be wrong but I don't believe this is ipj related. This is likely Model States related. Please share the Inventor files (not just the ipj) in zip here or send it to me directly johnson.shiue@autodesk.com. I would like to understand the slow activation behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report