Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketched symbol dont pop up prompted entry in titleblock - new drawing

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
steveA8NCX
181 Views, 9 Replies

Sketched symbol dont pop up prompted entry in titleblock - new drawing

Inventor 2023, soon to be moving to 2025...  In our template the drawing is made up from a number of sketched symbols and some of them have prompted entries.  When I start a new drawing I do not want the pop up box to fill in these prompted entries every time.

Same for copy and paste but that can be fixed with putting a value into the prompted entry which sticks and doesnt pop up. again, copying and pasting a new sheet, if the prompted entry is populated it doesnt pop up the dialogue box but I cant work out how to make that behaviour work starting a new drawing from a template

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
blandb
in reply to: steveA8NCX

Are these sketch symbols needed on the start of the template?

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 3 of 10
steveA8NCX
in reply to: blandb

yes

Message 4 of 10
steveA8NCX

Any thoughts on this?  I can find some old ilogic code but cant get it to work as desired

Message 5 of 10
blandb

Can you share an example of what you have, maybe there is an alternate solution?

Message 6 of 10
steveA8NCX

Simplest explanation is its a prompted entry for scale on a sheet, it needs to be different on other sheets.

Message 7 of 10
blandb

Does the Initial view scale option not work for you guys? This will auto populate the title block scale based on the initial view scale for each sheet. Meaning the scale will be based on the first view placed on the new sheet.

blandb_0-1724420421411.png

Message 8 of 10
steveA8NCX

No, it’s not flexible enough and sometimes the initial view is not going to be the scale for the sheet

Message 9 of 10
steveA8NCX

No, it’s not flexible enough and sometimes the initial view is not going to be the scale for the sheet

Message 10 of 10
steveA8NCX

With some help from the forums I figured it out.  I have a rule triggered by new drawing which fires a load of other rules 1 each for each symbol that look like this

Dim oDoc As DrawingDocument = ThisDoc.Document
Dim oSheet As Sheet = oDoc.ActiveSheet

Dim oSymDef As SketchedSymbolDefinition = oDoc.SketchedSymbolDefinitions.Item("Tolerance & Machining")
Dim sPromptStrings(3) As String 
sPromptStrings(0) = "-"
sPromptStrings(1) = "-"
sPromptStrings(2) = "-"
sPromptStrings(3) = "-"

Dim oPosition As Point2d =  ThisApplication.TransientGeometry.CreatePoint2d(58.4,36)

Dim oSymbol As SketchedSymbol
oSymbol = oSheet.SketchedSymbols.Add(oSymDef, oPosition, 0, 1, sPromptStrings)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report