Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch driven feature in assembly

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ZFerrarini
79 Views, 4 Replies

Sketch driven feature in assembly

When I have an irregular pattern in a part, I like a lot the Sketch driven feature.

In an assembly, the only pattern features I see are pattern (linear and circle) and mirror.

If I don't have a pattern to use from any part in the assembly, is there a feature like the sketch driven in the parts?

Thank you in advance.

ZFerrarini_0-1721241479172.png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ZFerrarini

Hi! Sketch-Driven Pattern is also available as a feature pattern in an assembly. I think you are asking about Sketch-Drive Component Pattern. This is indeed not available. But you could achieve it by leveraging feature-based component pattern workflow.

Basically, you create a Sketch-Driven Pattern of a workpoint in a part. Then at the assembly level, start Rectangular Component Pattern command -> select the Sketch-Drive Pattern in a part. Then the selected components will be populated according to the Sketch-Driven Pattern.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 5
ZFerrarini
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Yes, I mean the Sketch-Drive Component Pattern.

Unfortunately, I don't have a pattern in the part, only cuts, and I know the components pattern doesn't work with cuts.

Thank you for looking at it.

Message 4 of 5
johnsonshiue
in reply to: ZFerrarini

Hi! Couldn't you make one sketch-driven pattern of the cut? The Feature-Based Component Pattern does not care what pattern geometry is. It simply follows the pattern instances in the part. It should be doable. There are examples on the forum (https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/sketch-driven-assembly-patterns-discussion/td-p/939385... a video created by @andrewdroth).

Please share the files here so that the forum experts can help take a look.

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 5
ZFerrarini
in reply to: johnsonshiue

It loos a good idea, but I am done already. I will try next time.

Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report