Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch doctor: redundant points

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mikko.m
1549 Views, 7 Replies

Sketch doctor: redundant points

I'm constantly getting redundant sketch points when I use sketch doctor.

Is this something to be worried about or do I need to modify my sketches. Combining them with sketch doctor doesn't work.

Sample attached.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Inventor Professional 2019.3
Vault Workgroup 2019.1.1
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: mikko.m

Did you attach the correct file?

I do not see a sketch with redundant points in the file that you attached?

Why are there 6 user created  Work Planes in the file that you attached?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
mikko.m
in reply to: JDMather

Yes it's correct file. Here's picture of the problem. First I constrain the rectangle. No errors at that point but when I constrain one of the corners to the center point sketch doctor finds redundant points.

Never mind those work planes

Reduntant_points.JPG

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Vault Workgroup 2019.1.1
Message 4 of 8
JDMather

In the file you attached here - the rectangle is already constrained to the origin Center Point.

There is no point that still needs to be constrained?

Note that in the lower right corner of the screen - Inventor is reporting that the sketch is fully constrained.

Note that the geometry color has changed to fully constrained color.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 8
mikko.m

Rectangle is still green when I do the last constrain to center point. After that it's fully constrained but then sketch doctor shows redundant points. I have another part with similar sketch problems (attached). How important is it to not have any problems on sketch detected by sketch doctor?

Vault Workgroup 2019.1.1
Message 6 of 8
JDMather

Please create a Screencast Recording of the issue that you are observing (I cannot find the issue).

Message 7 of 8
mikko.m

Here's the screencast:

Vault Workgroup 2019.1.1
Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! The message from Sketch Doctor is a warning as opposed to an error. It just tells the user that there are two points on top of each other. The sketch is still valid. The interesting thing is that the warning seems to happen with this particular workflow. In other cases, overlapped points are tolerated. I will work with the project team to understand the behavior better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report