Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sketch dimensions invisible

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
alessandro.ren
1110 Views, 7 Replies

Sketch dimensions invisible

Hello, I have an issue with the 2016 version of Inventor. When I add a dimensions to a sketch I can open and enter the value but then I don't see the value anymore, just the lines and arrows. If I want to see the value I need to double click on the dimension again. I am using Inventor with Parallels Destop and I have just updated it with the july 13 update. I used to have Inventor 2012 in the same virtual machine but I didn't have this problem. I have tried to edit the annotation style but it didn't work. The annotation visibility is set to "value" but also with the other options it is invisible. I suppose it is a graphic problem but I am not sure. I have also tried to update the nvidia drivers.

Here is what I see:

Inventor dimension problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

and this is what I see in the "hardware" section

graphic hardware warning

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: alessandro.ren

same problem here...

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried to change the colors in application options?

Maybe with another color set would be ok.

Message 5 of 8
alessandro.ren

I have found a solution by finding an update on the Inventor page, I just downloaded and installed the latest one from july, now it works fine. It should have been an issue between the graphic card, Parallels Desktop and Inventor I think.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: alessandro.ren

mmh, thanks guys, but neither worked for me so far.

- did the 2016 update from here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads#?rows=10&sort=score

- restarted (2x)

- reinstalled parallels tools (3x)

- tried sketching with dimensions (99x)

- tried different color themes

- changed the graphics settings: quality, performance, conservative - same difference everywhere 

so i guess it's some kind of parallels-needs-a-paid-update again. might go back to an earlier version of INV, while i still can. 

no dims.png

Message 7 of 8
Mark.Lancaster

SuperSolanMan

When you made changes to the hardware/graphics options, did you exit Inventor each and everytime?   The change doesn't switch until you restart Inventor.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Mark, 

yes i'm aware of that gfx behaviour, so i restarted Inventor AND the system AND parallels a few times.

I just reinstalled INV 2015 and the problem is gone. It does start up much quicker in parallels than 2016 and is good enough for the small stuff I do here. For now that's an ok solution for me.

😕 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report