Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sketch changes after rotation

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
320 Views, 3 Replies

sketch changes after rotation

Hello Community,

I have a sketch to create some elongated holes. The holes have to be an angle. First i created the sketch for these holes and then i rotated everything around one specific point. Everything went ok accept one dimensioning (see photos).

2.PNG1.PNG3.PNG

Can you help me? How can I fix this problem? How can i rotate the dimensioning 34,75mm?

Greetings

Mirko

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
HermJan.Otterman
in reply to: Anonymous

draw two vertical lines from the centerpoints, make them construction lines.

if there is a vertical constraint, delete them, and make both parallel to the main vertical line.

no create a dimension between these two lines by selecting them. (do not use the endpoints while selecting them)

do you have a diameter of -16mm in the second picture..????

If this answers your question then please select "Accept as Solution"
Kudo's are also appreciated Smiley Wink

Succes on your project, and have a nice day

Herm Jan

Message 3 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Mirko,

I guess this happens when you rotate the sketch geometry but the sketch coordinate system stay where it was. As a result, the dimensions are interpreted differently. To fix this, you can realign the sketch coordinate system by right-click on the sketch -> Edit Coordinate System -> pick the new references for X and Y. The other way to do that is to create a UCS before the sketch. Then redefine the sketch to the UCS XY plane. Then you can rotate the UCS and the sketch geometry and the sketch coordinate will rotate along with the UCS.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: HermJan.Otterman

For me, your solution worked. Thanks!

4.PNG

It is not -16. The line to the number just appears next to the 16 after zooming in...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report