Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

skeleton of frame not visible for editing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
keepak
443 Views, 6 Replies

skeleton of frame not visible for editing

I building a machine frame using Frame Generator.  I can go into the skeleton and make edits just fine until I cut off Visibility.  When I go back to the skeleton to make edits, I try to turn on visibility again but it will not turn on. I have no choice but to re-draw the entire frame.  I feel I must be missing something here.  Why will the skeleton not go "visible" anymore? How to correct?   

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CGBenner
in reply to: keepak

@keepak 

Can you share the files here so the experts can take a look?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 3 of 7
keepak

Below.. I think. lol.

Message 4 of 7
CGBenner

@keepak 

Close... the frame member parts are missing.  But that should be ok since your problem is with the skeleton.

How did you create this?  Was the skeleton first created as a part and then inserted into the assembly?

Chris Benner
Industry Community Manager – Design & Manufacturing

If a response answers your question, please use  ACCEPT SOLUTION  to assist other users later.

Also be generous with Likes!  Thank you and enjoy!

Become an Autodesk Fusion Insider
Inventor/Beta Feedback Project
Message 5 of 7
pcrawley

Oooh - stop there!  Don't edit the reference skeleton on its own - you'll break almost everything.

Frame Generator has a very specific file structure.  Break the structure and you'll break your model.

01.jpg

For Frame Generator, you start with an assembly (1) - place a regular part file to be your skeleton (2) - then start adding frame members which automatically appear in a subassembly (3).

Item (4) - which is what you have open in your screenshot - is NOT the skeleton you need to edit.  You should be editing (2) in the screenshot above. 

(4) is created automatically when you create the first frame member, and it is linked to (2).  (Congratulations on finding the file for (4) because you had to go looking for it - you can't just open it from the user interface of a Frame Generator model.)

As a tip, never directly open and edit (3) either.  (I think you get a warning anyway).  Edits to this subassembly should always be done in the context of the parent model (1). 

Peter
Message 6 of 7
keepak

You are correct sir! I have been going too deep.  It is rather confusing BUT, following your detailed instructions, PROBLEM SOLVED.  THANK YOU! 

Message 7 of 7
pcrawley

You are very welcome!  I'm glad you took the time to ask the question - many others press on regardless and then blame the software.

You are right too - Frame Generator can be confusing until you get those 1, 2, 3 steps in your head.  Once you do, it becomes an absolutely fantastic tool.

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report