Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shrinkwrap - Exclude all

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
j.pavlicek
293 Views, 3 Replies

Shrinkwrap - Exclude all

Hello,

I'm struggle with Shrinkwrap. I have relatively complex assembly which I want to use as reference part somewhere else. For this purpose is only few (from many) components needed. Is somehow possible to exclude all and then select what I want to include?

I tried to use tool Select to Exclude and select all in graphic window, but some components resist to selection.

How you can see in animation below, 90 entities resisting to my selection rectangle. So I select all visible parts by clicking on them until exclude all visible parts. But there are still 82 entities included.

shrinkwrap-selection.gif

(Yes, I'm using half section view in the animation, but In full view it's same.)

Any suggestions?

Inventor 2022, Windows 10 Pro
Sorry for bad English.
Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: j.pavlicek

Hi! You might need to set Selection Priority to Part instead of Component (the green button at the top).

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 4
j.pavlicek
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Thanks for your reply, but I tried it. You can see switching between Component / Part in time 0:07 in the animation.

Inventor 2022, Windows 10 Pro
Sorry for bad English.
Message 4 of 4
johnsonshiue
in reply to: j.pavlicek

Hi! I am sorry I cannot seem to reproduce the behavior. Please share an example here so forum experts can take a look.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report