Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing mulitple section cuts once

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
496 Views, 6 Replies

Showing mulitple section cuts once

I have a rectangular part that has chamfers on all 4 sides. The chamfers on the long sides are identical and the chamfers on the short sides are identical, but different than the long sides. How do I cut a section on the two long sides and have the cut section shown once, but the Section A-A cut line shown in both places? I've attached a pdf to hopefully explain what I'm needing to do. Thank you for your help.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Right click on the pdf and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Attach the resulting *.zip file here.

You can edit the cutting plane sketch and make an offset section as needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Didn't know I couldn't attach a pdf. Hopefully the zip file will attach. I tried most of the options on the right click menu, but didn't find one that did what I wanted. For some reason, I am not able to upload an attachment.
Message 4 of 7
JDMather

I see others experiencing the same problem lately.

Try a different browser (IE or Chrome?).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

I'll try attaching from my phone. We're not allowed to install anything it doesn't approve of. 

Message 6 of 7
Curtis_Waguespack

Hi sps_cad_guy,

You can try this:

1. Create both sections (let's say one is Section A-A, and the other is Section B-B).
  2. Then move the view for Section B-B outside of your drawing border, so that it won't print.
  3. Then edit the view label for Section A-A and add the text "& B-B".

It looks like you posted the PDF while I was typing so disregard the previous information.

1. Create both sections
  2. Then move the view for the second section outside of your drawing border, so that it won't print.
  3. Then edit the moved view and change the letter to match as needed.

This should get you the results you're asking for as I understand it. Keep in mind that your the added view label text will be static and will not update if your the Section B-B section line changes.

Also, someone is likely to point out that this way of calling out sections might not be aligned with certain ratified drawing standards, but if it is acceptable in your industry, and at your company, then you can make the call as to whether is is acceptable.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

Thank you both for your help. This got me what I needed. I figured there would be something like "hide view" under the right click menu. The standards for this place is "get it to the shop and get it shipped." Thanks again for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report