Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show spring positions in inventor drawing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
745 Views, 6 Replies

Show spring positions in inventor drawing

Is it possible to show driven spring positions (rest & compressed) in an inventor drawing with only using a single ipt. file for the spring or do you need to have a view rep for each view with 2 spring ipt. files, eg. one ipt of spring at rest & another ipt spring compressed.

Thanks,

Sandy

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Make the spring adaptive, wish I could give you an example but has been a long time since I have done it

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Yes the spring updates perfectly when the model changes in the assembly environment but I can only seem to show the spring in 1 position in the drawing. As I said above, the only way im aware you can get round this is to have 2 spring ipt files (one modelled of the spring in each position) and using view reps....

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

The is the identical to the spring I have modelled but for some reason when you create a positional rep in the assembly, the spring ipt stops updating...….

Message 5 of 7
JDMather

You will need two ipt files, compressed and expanded states.

I would probably use Overlay View.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
SBix26

You could do it with two different solid bodies in one .ipt file and use view representations to show one or the other.  But then you have twice the mass in the file (if it matters).  I suppose you could even make one of them a surface body so it doesn't have mass.

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2020.1 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 7 of 7
johnsonshiue
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Guys,

At the moment, Inventor part or assembly can only have one geometric definition at any given moment. You cannot have multiple geometric definitions at the same time. You need two parts here.

Adaptive does not work because no matter how the shape is driven, it is still one shape at a time. Overlay Views does not apply here because Positional Representation does not allow geometric change between positions.

We are working on Alternative Representations project to address these kinds of requests. If you are interested, please sign up Inventor Beta (https://bit.ly/InventorBeta). There you can try the latest Beta build of in-development projects on a no-install required environment. Give feedback to the project teams.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report