Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show sculpted holes in hole table

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
288 Views, 7 Replies

Show sculpted holes in hole table

Is there a way to show sculpted holes in a hole pattern?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous 

I'm a little confused

Your title states sculpted holes in hole table but your description says sculpted holes in a hole pattern.   Please clarify

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Sorry for the confusion....

I'm trying to add sculpted holes to a hole table, though it doesn't seem to recognize it as a hole.

Message 4 of 8
SBix26

No way to figure this out without the files, I'm afraid.  What version of Inventor are you using?

Sam B
Inventor Pro 2019.3 | Windows 7 SP1
LinkedIn

Message 5 of 8
blandb

I don't believe this is possible, because a hole table pulls properties of the hole command, unless I am missing something.

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 6 of 8
johnsonshiue
in reply to: blandb

Hi Guys,

That is not completely true that Hole Table requires hole features. You actually do not need hole features to create a Hole Table. You can select any cylindrical edge or a center mark. The description on the table depends on the selected geometry. It should work. Or, we have a bug.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: johnsonshiue

It's not working for me...

Message 8 of 8
johnsonshiue

Hi! Many thanks for sharing an example! Indeed, for this case, the Hole Table would not be able to show the specification of the hole. It is because Sculpt feature does not carry the parameters defining the depth. It is a general surface modeling features operating on geometry.

For this case, like I described before, only the location is captured. You can manually create a center mark or use Automatic Centerline workflow to create a center mark. After that, add the center mark to the table.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report