Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Preview not working on two computers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
342 Views, 4 Replies

Show Preview not working on two computers

First, wanted to preface by saying I teach a middle school class and this problem is occuring on two out of thirty eight computers only.

Basically when students are doing assemblies it usually shows them where they are clicking with arrows, circles, etc so they can decide if they are choosing the right surface for the constraint. On these two computers, nothing shows up until they click. This is very difficult for those two kids since it is difficult to find the correct place to choose.

The show preview is not grayed out, and in the assembly settings I have tried checking and unchecking that first box everyone says to go to. So I am at a loss. It just seems like there is some other box somewhere that a student checked and I can not find, or else there is some sort of problem with another file or folder causing this. I tried uninstalling the Inventor 2015 file (and others required during that uninstall) and then re-installing and that didn't even fix the issue. Only step I think left to try is uninstall everything on the list but I was really hoping someone might be able to help me get these two computers back on track. 

Only thing unique is they are iMacs running boot camp but even then that is the same for the other 36 computers working fine. 

Thanks in advance for any insight or things to try.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Marco.Takx
in reply to: Anonymous

I think what you mean is that these symbols will not come up during constraints.

2015-09-29_16-07-56.png

Be sure that this check box is unchecked.

If this is checked you don't see the symbols.

2015-09-29_16-06-12.png

Met vriendelijke groet | Kind regards | Mit freundlichem Gruß

Marco Takx
CAM Programmer & CAM Consultant

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Marco.Takx

Thanks for the ideas but no it is when you move the mouse over the possible contraints. Normally it shows you where you will be "clicking" and thus which face will be constrained.

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 7.42.50 PM.png

In checking your solution on one of the troubled imacs I realized it actually does eventually pop up, but it takes almost five seconds versus instantly showing for every other computer I have seen. I am wondering if this is some sort of folder issue or something. 

It basically makes it very difficult for students to work without being able to know where they are clicking without this preview.

This huge delay hopefully can be solved because it is very strange and annoying for the kids.

Message 4 of 5
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

Odd as to why you are having this issue. I am running on a Mac Pro with Boot Camp 6, with Windows 10 without any issues like that. The only issue I have found is with the "Obey Browser Opacity" within the Tube and Pipe Environment.

I would check the User Accounts on the machines in question. If possibly try a different User Account on the machines in question and see if the problem persists.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

I myself am running a macbook pro and 36 other imacs with no issues. It is basically some sort of delay. I did try a different local account user with the same results. 

I am at a loss. It has not always even done this on these computers, it just started. In the back of my head I wonder if I could dump some folder that is not properly emptied due to parallels being run. Seems wrong but I just don't get what has gone wrong on these 2 out of 42 computers running the exact same setup. I was especially confused now that I realize it does in fact still work just at a long delay compared to all others

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report