Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should my computer slow down this much?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
480 Views, 6 Replies

Should my computer slow down this much?

Working on a pure surface model (ipt), about 3.5 Meg ipt comprising of approximetaly 150 seperate feautures on the tree (e.g. work surfaces, extrusions, split lines etc). I'm finding that IV (2008) is getting very very slow, especially if I zoom in to a detail for instance. I get the 'egg timer' and have to wait a couple of minutes before it'll let me continue.

I run a reasonably decent Dell Precision mobile workstation with 2GB RAM and dedicated graphics card (although I can't run the Direct 3D graphics setting - probably another topic of conversation!). Is there anything I can do to increase performance? I don't have any warnings or bugs within the build, it's stable. It doesn't seem to make any difference if I shut every other Application down on the computer.

Thanks Guys.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you roll up the EOP, save and zip the file and attach here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you for the offer. I'd rather not post the file on the forum if possible, is there any way I can get the file to you direct?

Thanks again.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

JDMather - can I get this file to you 'off forum' ? (just a small confidentiallity issue, that's all)
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

No, your computer is too outmatched in terms of specs overall for a such a high performance app. Autodesk Inventor is a very powerful app, and there are certain system requirements to run it smoothly and efficiently. You can try uninstalling other applications through control panel, or use the traditional methods of speeding up your computer in general. To be honest, 2GB of ram is pretty darn low.

Message 6 of 7
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Did you realized that you replied to a 9 year old posting?  

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Yes, I realized that right after I replied. Also, will my computer lag if the specs are core i5 4GB of ram and 600 GB of hard drive memory.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report