Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Jose_Merino
273 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal

Good Morning I'm using Inventor 2016, I have this question, I have a sheet 48"x120"-0.030 Thk., and I want to do diferent things wiht this sheet, in some cases I want to make a flange on each side or only in two or one side etc, and also add a hem in some of this flanges, but  when I unfold my sheet the dimensions are now different, it add material in order to do this flanges and hems, is there any way to configure my sheet metal and instead of adding material it extracted from my original sheet and this sheet it always be 48"x120"

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Jose_Merino

Hi! This is an interesting question. I think you would have to start with a flat sheet and then keep folding to create the desirable geometry. Or, you might be able to use iLogic rule or parameter equations to accommodate the change. I don't see an out-of-box solution. The reason here is that there are multiple solutions when you want to fix the unfold length. You can make the face shorter or flange shorter or remove a non-essential feature. Inventor would not be able to tell which solution is the best for you.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 3 of 3
Jose_Merino
in reply to: johnsonshiue

You are right many solutions, what I did, what I did was subtract the added material.

Thank You.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report