Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal thichness dont update at 2D

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
976 Views, 8 Replies

Sheet metal thichness dont update at 2D

I created a small test for how to add sheet metal thickness at 2D, works fine first time i place the part, but but when you change the thickness at 3D model the 2D dont update at all, any smart solution for this ? 

Inventor 2019.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Cadmanto
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm confused????

This is a dowel pin done in sheet metal?  Why??

The sheet metal thickness changed in the settings has to do with thickness, not diameter.

Please explain your reasoning's why this was just not an extruded part and why you did it in sheet metal?  Can't get a flat pattern out of a dowel pin.

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadmanto

oh just created round can be flat but sheet metal functions is used -not extrude function

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

but we solved it with an internal tool. But thanks

Message 5 of 9
The_Angry_Elf

@Anonymous wrote:

but we solved it with an internal tool. But thanks

Can you please explain? How did you resolve this? What kind of internal tool was used?

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: The_Angry_Elf

Hi, i did solve it with tick Tool , but also solved it with out this program later on i think it was because i needed to export all properties from model. i dont know if its okay to share this link, otherwise delete it :https://gallery.mailchimp.com/26e5dcaf590df8b8cc7ebe99a/files/80744bcb-0fb6-4567-9970-92dbc9a3b624/T...

Message 7 of 9
Cadmanto

I am glad you found something that worked for you.  The link you attached in my opinion really doesn't seem to tie into your original question.

But, that is not for me to decide.  Come back anytime!!! Smiley Happy

Windows 10 x64 -16GB Ram
Intel i7-6700 @ 3.41ghz
nVidia GTS 250 - 1 GB
Inventor Pro 2020

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hi, oh yes the tool will load all properties and.... thats why the ticktool did it fast for me

Message 9 of 9
The_Angry_Elf

Sorry, but I don't see how that fixed the question/issue you posted.

If I'm correct, you weren't able to change the material thickness of a sheet metal part and have this thickness update in the associated drawing file.

You posted a solid pin, which is not a sheet metal part, even though you may have created it in the sheet metal environment of Inventor, it still can't be flattened, a rolled pin can be and thus you have a sheet metal thickness.

You posted this part:                                                            But a rolled (sheet metal) pin is like this:

Pin-02.PNG      41iXSZDAsPL.jpg

The Sheet Metal Pin is rolled up from a......well....flat sheet of metal that is a specific thickness. A change in the thickness effects either the OD or the ID of the pin.

As long as the drawing you create has a view of the model, and that view is associative, when that model changes (thickness changes), the drawing will update as well.

The tool you refer to allows you to change the thickness manually by an input from the 3rd party application. You can do such within Inventor without that 3rd party application.

Cheers,

Jim O'Flaherty
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Owner - Celtic Design Services, LLC - cdscad.com - An Autodesk Service Partner
We are available for hire. Please DM me or visit our website
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional * Autodesk Certified Instructor * Autodesk Expert Elite * AU Speaker 2015 through 2022 * AU Speaker Mentor
"Mr. O'Flaherty, never go into small computers. There's no future in them" - Dr. C.S. Choi circa 1984

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report