Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal Styles - pushing new sheet metal styles into old parts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
336 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet Metal Styles - pushing new sheet metal styles into old parts

Good afternoon All,

I was just helping a customer with some sheet metal rules.  Their current sheet metal template includes all the styles that they need (2020).  They have some older files (2016) that do not have those sheet metal rules showing in them though.  

I was able to find that you can just export/import the rules from the new files and load them into the old.  Is this the best way to go about it?  Appears you have to do each rule one by one as well.

Additionally, I was under the impression that as long as they were pointing to the correct styles library location, even the old files would be able to see the same styles as the new parts.  I ran an update on the styles library as well, and it didn't pick up any discrepancies for sheet metal rules though.

And so, I'm thinking that their styles library doesn't contain any of the custom sheet metal rules to begin with, and instead the relevant sheet metal rules are saved exclusively on their current templates.  And thus, we either need to upload those rules to the styles library and or import/export to the old files as needed.

Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
cadman777
in reply to: Anonymous

You may be better served to ask this question in the Inventor Customization forum.

They can share some ideas or rules that will do that may accomplish your objective.

... Chris
Win 7 Pro 64 bit + IV 2010 Suite
ASUS X79 Deluxe
Intel i7 3820 4.4 O/C
64 Gig ADATA RAM
Nvidia Quadro M5000 8 Gig
3d Connexion Space Navigator
Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi! I suspect a little tool in \SDK\ may help. Go to C:\Users\Public\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 20xx\SDK\ and install UserTools. There is a small add-in called Batch Update Styles. What it does is to push the same named styles from Styles Library to the selected files.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report