Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHEET METAL STYLE ERROR

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
boothdrafting
334 Views, 6 Replies

SHEET METAL STYLE ERROR

I keep getting a sheet metal style error in the flat pattern of the piece I'm trying to fix. I don't know what it is but the warning box says "could not replace geometry with desired contour." This was created by a different draftsman who is no longer here so I can't ask him for help. It was created with Inventor 2021. I think it has something to do where the double flange meets the fold1. I attached the file for anyone to take a shot at it. any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JelteDeJong
in reply to: boothdrafting

I managed to resolve the problem by increasing the gap size by 0.1 of Flange6

JelteDeJong_0-1647892920778.png

Jelte de Jong
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Blog: hjalte.nl - github.com

Message 3 of 7
blandb
in reply to: JelteDeJong

After deleting the Flat Pattern, and then trying to create it again in (2022) I get the following:

flat error.png

Autodesk Certified Professional
Message 4 of 7

Hi! There are multiple issues with the part. First, the default Sheet Metal Rule is Johan Rule (and Unfold Rule = Johan Rule), while the active Unfold Rule is set to Vision BendTable1 (so are the Unfold Rule in each feature). The bend table seems wrong to me too. The bend allowance values are all zero. This does not make sense.

Some of the errors are related to Three-Bend Corner Relief. Probably the default type isn't doable at certain corners. Try using "No Replacement" as a test.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 5 of 7
boothdrafting
in reply to: JelteDeJong

Sorry but that did not help. There still is an error in the flat pattern. look at flat pattern in the history tree.

Message 6 of 7

Changing the unfold rule to Bend Compensation took care of the flat pattern error, now the piece won't show up in Vision software for the brake press. Just one problem after another with this piece!! Thanks for your help anyway.

Message 7 of 7

Hi! I am not sure what failure causes the flat pattern to fail in Vision software. It could be related to the 3-Bend Corner Relief. Go to Manage -> Styles and Standard Editor -> Sheet Metal Rule -> Johan Rule -> Corner -> 3-Bend Corner Relief -> Radius -> set it to 0.05. It should work better.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report