Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Metal iFeature on Contoured Face

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jchaisson2H9RZ
213 Views, 6 Replies

Sheet Metal iFeature on Contoured Face

Team Inventor, 

i am trying to create an iFeature what seems to be straight forward and not complex is giving me quite a fight. we manufacture thin wall tanks and 10ga and below we swage the nozzle opening for strength. On a flat head this was a walk in the park to create the iFeature. the iFeature fails and the error is with the fillets, and I can't figure it out to actually place. I'm attaching the sheet metal part to see if any iFeature guru out there can solve this one. 

The IPT is Inventor 2025

thanks, Jeremy

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
3DAli
in reply to: jchaisson2H9RZ

Hi @jchaisson2H9RZ , 

I ran a couple of tests with this and I managed to make it work, you can still add a bit more to it to be able to place it precisely . 

Hope this helps

Best

Ali

Signature_Small
Message 3 of 7

Ali, 

Can you attach the IPT file so I can see your thought process because it's not placing for me.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 4 of 7
jchaisson2H9RZ
in reply to: 3DAli

@3DAli

Sorry my first reply was to myself not sure if it tagged you.

Can you attach the IPT file so I can see your thought process because it's not placing for me.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Message 5 of 7
3DAli

@jchaisson2H9RZ 

I used your Sell ipt to place it, do you want to call me, so that we can share screen and I show you how? I am in EST time zone (Toronto, Canada) 

Cheers

Ali

Signature_Small
Message 6 of 7

Ali, 

Thank you for your help with this. if anyone else has questions you can message me. the Termination face in the iFeature is the inside wall.

Message 7 of 7
3DAli

my pleasure 🙂 

Cheers

Ali

Signature_Small

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report